Making Use of Your Best Marketing Tool When Selling Your Home

My friend Nancy Thomas and I are both on the same page when it comes to the importance of marketing your home properly when selling. As a professional photographer, Nancy has great insight into this important aspect of marketing for sale, so I have asked her to be a guest blogger and provide us with some more information as many of you prepare for the spring market!

 

First, let me introduce myself. My name is Nancy Thomas and I am a professional photographer (www.nancythomasphotography). Cora recently wrote a great blog about preparing your home to sell in today’s market. I've been through the experience of selling a home myself and I agree with all of her insights; she has some great tips!! Cora struck on one topic that I have been thinking about for quite some time. We all know that pictures can be worth a thousand words, but, sometimes they can be worth several thousand dollars when it comes to real estate. This blog highlighted how bad images of your home can be a turn-off to buyers. I've experience this myself when looking through real estate ads when my husband and I were looking to buy our second home. I actually looked at the ad for our current house several months prior to going to look at it; and at the time I totally dismissed it because the images made the house look dated, cluttered and cramped. Our real estate agent finally encouraged us to go see it and in person, the rooms were large and filled with lots of natural light and although it was dated (we were prepared to renovate!), the house has a great layout and had everything we needed!

If you're like me, when you look at a real estate ad, you'll check out the key details like the square footage, the age of the house, the size of the lot and the number of rooms, but, then, you'll spend quite a bit of time looking at the pictures. If you're selling your home, you need those pictures to truly reflect all the highlights and features of your home. You need to get people to your home and they will judge your home based on the pictures first. If they don't like the pictures, they're not going to make the effort to visit.

I won't label all real estate agents the same, but chances are, your real estate agent may not have an "eye" for photography; after all, you should be hiring him for his ability to sell your house. So, why not hire a photographer to take those crucial house-selling images? A photographer knows the best type of lighting to really showcase your home, they know what angles will capture the true size of your rooms and if you accidentally left an old milk container on the counter, I can eliminate it with photoshop! Cora suggested having a home stager assist you with preparing to sell your home and I think that's a fabulous idea! Add a professional photographer; and, it's really not expensive; and your home will be sold in no time!

Nancy

Nancy Thomas Photography


 

Comments

Popular Posts